WORK

WORK. It's what we do, what we obsess over, celebrate, complain about, get paid for. We may call it Art, but it's still work. Particularly for creative types, where we do our work must have something to do with how it turns out, for better or worse - yet we rarely get to see behind the curtain.

We would like you to share something about your special place where creativity blooms. So where do you work?

Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Professor's Workspace

In 1986, while attending architecture school at U.S.C., I took a design studio from Panos Koulermos..  He scared the heck out of me in a nice, "you must strive to do better", way for 16 weeks.  I have a deep affection for him and the passion instilled in me by that time we spent together.  Sadly, he passed away a few years ago.  While attending his memorial, I saw this photo of him in his workspace.  I love the simplicity of his table with Mayline parallel rule and one lamp.  What kills me is that I have never been able to find a copy of that super cool map of Rome by Piranesi on his wall to hang over my desk.

1 comment: